I read portions from both the MillionMomMarch
and moms4guns@yahoo and covered
violence and children.
Mother's Day was also covered from the angles of: memories, "mothering" as parents of parents, as parents of special-needs children, losing parents and losing children. North Star Records offered two copies of Mother Songs Celebrating Mothers & Motherhood cd's to anyone who would call the show to recommend a great mom to receive them.
1. The Two Horizons - Jay Ansill
Origami - Flying Fish
Thought I'd mention I usually use this theme to begin. Instrumental
2. Million - Cali Rose
Gets Goofy - firstname.lastname@example.org home.earthlink.net/~soup-to-nuts/indexA.html
"There are a million Hallmark cards"
3. Mama's Prayers - Susan Aglukark
Artic Rose - www.chatsubo.com/aglukark/tml
"my daughter's at the age when she just won't agree"
4. Mama I Miss You Tonight - Claudia Schmidt, Sally
Closing the Distance - email@example.com www.sallyrogers.com/sallyandfriends.htm
Wishing to be able to talk with your mom
5. Grandma's Song - Cathy Ryan (along with Robin Spielberg,
Mother - North firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy's mother lead her to singing. She died of Alzheimers.
6. Em's Song - Sirens
Smilin' - www.borealisrecords.com
Another song about losing a grandparent to Alxheimers.
7. Holland - David Roth
Holland - RothDM@Aol.Com www.folkera.com/windriver
About planning a trip to Italy and ending up Holland, a metaphor for birthing a special needs child.
8. Lullabies - Cosy Sheridan
Quetly Led - email@example.com
"My mother's hands put four young heads to sleep night after night"
9. The Strong in Spirit - Hugh Blumenfeld
The Strong in Spirit - 1 800 PRIMECD
The resulting song when Hugh's mother asked that he write her a song when they both knew she was dying.
10. Hero Unsung - Helen Lewis Moore
Whenever the Music Plays -firstname.lastname@example.org
"From her march to follow the call"
11. Sound effects of pistol. Sound effects of police radio.
Against the above effects, I read the major goals of the million mom march from their website posting. I read responces from moms4guns. The latter saying that when it comes to abortion some march to kill, and now they march against killing. Some saying that only criminals will have guns if they are outlawed.
12. Johnny Got A Gun - Tom Paxton
Wearing the Time - Sugar Hill www.flemtam.com/tp.html
Statistics given on NPR today say that someone dies every 18 minutes from a gunshot. During my show then, six people were lost.
13. Little Boy's Pockets - Pat Godwin
Excess in Moderation - Blood Records
First gum and yo yos, then a semi-automatic.
14. Kids with Guns - Deborah Holland
The Book of Survival - www.gadflyrecords.com www.deborahholland.net
"how do you know which side you should be on"
15. Don't Get Killed - Andy Breckman
Don't Get Killed - www.gadflyrecords.com/products/902.htm
Sending his wife for milk in a dangerous neighborhood a husband gives some advice
16. Sam - Bridget Ball
Bricks and Windows - www.wizvax.net/twiningt/
"some neighborhood kid just got caught in the crossfire"
17. Every Mothers Son - Peter Mulvey
Deep Blue - Eastern Front Records
18. Blame the Gun - Stu Kabak - self
19. Dont' Forget the Guns - Cheryl Wheeler
Driving Home - www.cherylwheeler.com/
20. Mozote - Jolie Christine Rickman
Sing It Down - email@example.com
Remembering mothers who have tragically watched their children die.
21. Calling on Love - Paul Kamm, Eleanore MacDonald
Calling on Love - songs.com/kammac firstname.lastname@example.org
"children sleeping tight...not playing under skies where bombs will fall"
22. Buiochas - Mother
"Thanks" (buiochas") to North Star Records
Winners of the "Mom" award cd's from North Star are Peg Westfall, the sister of a listener who is mother to two girls in Virginia, one a special needs child. The second winner was the 85 year old mother of a listener who lost her husband last year and moved up from Delaware to the area to be near her daughter and her husband.
23. Biological Time Bomb - (C.Lavin) Judith Zweiman
Big League Babe - PRIME CD
24. No Baby - Ilene Weiss
Outside and Curious - Gadfly Records 888 9Ga Dfly
25. Miracle of Birth - Debbie Diedrich
Going the Distance -
26. Daughter's of Feminists - Nancy White
27. Poem - The Nields
If You Lived Here You'd Be Home Now - www.nields.com/
28. Orange Cocoa Cake - (Berryman) C. Fink & M.
Parent's Home Companion - www.cathymarcy.com/
29. I'll Love You Forever - P. Herdman
Forever and Always - rlhess.home.mindspring.com/music/ph__000.htm
30. For a Long Time To Come - Carla Sciaky
Awakening - Green Linnet
31. If It Were Up to Me - Cheryl Wheeler
Sylvia Hotel - Philo www.cherylwheeler.com/
32. Only Four - Laurie McClain
Child Behind My Eyes - Kindred Voices Music
33. Flower of Northumberland - Kat Eggleston
Outside Eden - Waterbug email@example.com www.waterbug.com/eggleston.html
Selfishly played to end the show, in honor of my mom
who gave birth to me in Newcastle Upon Thyme, Northumberland, England.