Folk Plus airs Saturdays from 11:00 am
to 1:00 pm on hydro-powered Public Radio WJFF
90.5 Jeffersonville, NY. and 94.5 in Monticello. We serve parts of the Catskills, Hudson and the Upper Delaware Valleys.
Songs about sex:
Avoiding sex, the enjoyment, the pain and the consequences of having sex.
1. Poozies - (Mike Ryan) The Widow
Raise Your Head -Compass Records
"There's not a man in all creation gives content to me"
2. Martin Carthy/Dave Swarbrick - Two Magicians
Both Ears and the Tail - Gadfly
A "changing form" traditional songs as the lady tries to avoid the man.
3. Diggers - The Dancing Lesson
Diggers (Dennis Shearin & Kathy Devine)
A woman gives "dancing" lessons. "I'll make all the music..and you shall keep the beat"
4. Cathie Ryan - You and I in the One Bed Lie
Cathie Ryan - Shanachie
Six riddles must be answered before he gets his way.
5. Flying Cloud - Jack Orion
Flying Cloud - Adelphi Records -www.adelphirecords.com/
A.L. Lloyd rewrites Child Ballad 67. One of many songs where one is killed in jealousy and anger.
6. David Wilcox - Language of the Heart
How Did You Find Me Here - http://www.davidwilcox.com/
"You took off your dress in the moonlight"
7. Pierce Pettis - He Burns For Her
While The Serpent Lies Sleeping - Windham Hill
"Says he's looking for love, or somthing that feels just like it"
8. Garnet Rogers (Lui Collins) The Enfolding
Speaking Softly in the Dark - Snow Goose
"The kindness of our bodies, speaking softly in the dark"
9. Kevin So - Til The Morning Comes
Individual - www.kevinso.com <http://www.kevinso.com/
"Our bodies will be one"
10. David Massengill - Wake Up
The Return - Plump
"so I can start kissing you"
11. Tom Paxton - Coffee in Bed
Wearing the Time - Sugar Hill
Paxton says, "Dan Quayle thinks this song is about coffee"
12. Cornucopia - The Mowing Song
Sue Trainor's answer to all the double entendre songs about women.
13. David Wilcox- After Your Orgasm Introduction....
East Asheville Hardware- http://www.davidwilcox.com/
David, though being criticized for singing this song, in his defense says, "You like when I sing about what I believe, and I believe that sex is really nice"
14. David Wilcox - Sex and Music
Underneath - Vanguard
"The power of being attractive, or just the attraction of power?"
15. Mindy Jostyn -Power, Sex and Money
Cedar Lane- http://www.mindyjostyn.com/
"I still feel incomplete"
16. Debra Cowan - Johnny be Fair
The Long Grey Line - http://www.debracowan.com/
A mother confesses to her daughter that his father is not really her father, so he can marry the boy that she previously had thought was a brother.
17. John Forster - Entering Marion
Entering Marion- Philo
About suggestive road signs
18. Camille West - Viagra in the Waters
Diva's Day Off - Mother Tongue Music
A truck accident spills viagra in a town's water supply, but was it an accident?
19. Colcannon - The Confession
Saint Bartholemew's Feast - Oxford Road Records
An elderly man confesses to "anyone who will listen."
20. Modern Man - I Still Want it All the Time
The Wide Album - Inverted Turtle Records
"There's an off switch I can't find"
21. Live Axe - Hes Gotta Have It
Babes with Axes - http://www.babeswithaxes.com/
"I'm tired of saying no"
22. Billy Jonas - Sleeeeeeeping
Life So Far - Bang a Bucket
"The warmest chord I ever heard"
23. Ron Renninger - Unintentional Seed
Vanishing Breed - Vienna Virginia
Makes me think of Diana Ross' Love Child, folk style
24. Lisa McCormick - Sex and Consequences
Lisa McCormick - Rising Records
"The master's plan was physically designed to please us"
25. Richard Shindell - Summer Wind, Cotton Dress
Blue Divide - Shanachie
"I sometimes dream I'm holding you instead"
26. Eileen McGann - Fair Flower of Northumberland
Turn it Around - Dragonwing Music
A mother and father react differently. We don't really know the extent of "wrong" done.
"You're not the first that young Scot's have beguiled"
27. Moira Cameron - Willie of Winsbury
Lilies Among the Bushes - http://rambles.net/cameron_lilies.html
A parent reacts to a pregnancy
28. Marie-Lynn Hammond - Impromptu
I Don't Sleep With Strangers Anymore - Vignettes Media
"Won't you let me come up to your room"
29. Mindy Jostyn - Trouble I Don't Need
Cedar Lane- http://www.mindyjostyn.com/
"Where could this possibly lead?"
30. Bruce Cockburn - Mango
Breakfast in New Orleans - Ryko
"love to drink that water"