Folk Plus airs Saturdays from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm on WJFF following NPR's Car Talk.
Saturday April 24 2004
America the not so beatiful. Cherishing the land. Economics, war, ecology - its hard to keep these issues unrelated
1. Hugh Blumenfeld - American Redux
Barehanded - 1 800 Prime CD
James Gordon links ecology and economy well with this tune
2. James Gordon - Coke Oven Brook
Pipe Street Dreams - www.folkera.com/windriver
"if there was no smoke thered be no bread upon the table
3. Magpie Greg Artzner, Terry Leonino - Water
Circle of Life - pobox Takoma Pk MC 20913
"keep it clean for me and I'll keep it clean for you"
5. Jennifer Noxon - Water
Watch as You Walk firstname.lastname@example.org
Written after watching women in Soufriere, St. Lucia, balancing a day's supply of water
Each person throws away approximately four
pounds of garbage every day.
Most families throw away about 88 pounds of plastic every year
6. Kermit the Frog/Muppets -On My Pond
Marlo Thomas and Friends, Free to Be A Family
As Kermit enjoys his pond, messy teens and garbage dumping trucks who overpower his quiet tune.
7. Cosy Sheridan - Don't Go In The Water
Grand design - Cozoid@aol.com
"Arsenic, acetone, methylene chloride..."
8. Jim and Dave - Don't Go Near the Shore Today
11. Dead Ducks
From a MD and I have no clue where I got it at this point
Oil and water don't mix
12. Capital Steps - God Bless My SUV
Between Iraq and a Hard Place
"The vernal equinox calls on all mankind
to recognize and respect Earth’s beautiful systems of balance, between
the presence of animals on land, the fish in the sea, birds in the air,
mankind, water, air, and land. Most importantly there must always
be awareness of the actions by people that can disturb this precious balance."
Margaret Mead - Read Margaret Mead - 1977 Earth Day Statement
13. Susan Graham White - The Farm
Soundling Land - Big Bay Records
14. Tom Chapin - This Pretty Planet
This Pretty Planet - Sony
15. Jay Mankita - Living Planet
Jay Mankita - self
16. Magpie - We Belong to the Earth
Seed on the Prairie -Long Tail
17. Victoria Parks - I'm Going Solar
Sure Feels Like Home - Victoria@juke.com
"I'm going solar just as soon as I can"
18. Artisan - NIMBY
Our Back Yard - email@example.com
"anywhere but my back yard"
If every family used 10 fewer bags a month we'd save 2.5 billion bags a year.
19. David Roth - I Don't Need a Bag
Nights at the Chez - RothDM@aol.com 1 800 484-2367
"To take a brand new bag everytime I shop's a drag"
20. Herdman, Hills, Mangsen - (McGann)
Requiem for the Trees
Voices - Flying Fish/Rounder
"They fell like thunder and left no trace"
Every ton of paper that is recycled saves 17 trees
21. Zoe Lewis - When the Developers Came
Fishbone, Wishbone, Funnybone - Dog Productions
22. John Gorka - Houses in the Fields
Jack's Crows - High Street Records
23. David Francey - Torn Screen Door
Torn Screen Door - Laker
24. Tim Flannery - Road into Town
Kentucky Towns - PSB Records
"sell us the ground"
25. Tom Paxton Anne Hills - There Goes
Under American Skies - Appleseed
26. Tom Neilson - Four Lane Highways and
Living on Maximum Wage -Roaring Jelly
27. Stan Rogers - Make and Break Harbour
Home in Halifax - Fogarty's Cove
Feul consumption is cut by as much as 10%
by turning down your thermastat by 1 degree.
The energy we save when we recycle one glass bottle is enough to light a light bulb for four hours
28. Magpie - Eagle and The Hawk
Seed on the Prairie - Long Tail Records
29. Jay Mankita - I am a Dolphin
self - firstname.lastname@example.org
"I swan around the oil slick..... will I ever make it home"
30. Night Sun - Breathing
One Moment of Grace - www.interlog.com/~brc
The bellows of their accordian mimic the sound of the narwhales
Metal Drums - Patty Larkin
Live in the Square - Philo www.pattylarkin.com
"63 million.. that won't bring back their children"
90.5 Jeffersonville, NY. and 94.5 in Monticello.
We Hydro-powered Public Radio serving the Mid-Hudson Region, North East
Pennsylvania, and the Upper Delaware Valley.