6. Chuck Brodsky - For Christmas I Got
Nothing - Radio - Red House
"Santa always slipped over my house ....I wouldn't' know a mistletoe if
it torpedoed me"
7. Emily Kurn - Light the Lamp - I'm Just Like You - emilykurnmusic.com
Written for her great grandmother
8. Roches - Allelulia - Keep On Doing - Warner Brothers
Forever and ever
9. James Gordon - There is No Silent Night - Mining for Gold - http://email@example.com
"maybe where you've decked your halls, everythings all right...but we
don't sleep in heavenly peace, there is no silent night"
"...how can you rest you merry gentlemen, how can you not be
dismayed by the number of poor souls who are so cold on Christmas
10. Marilyn Manfra - Dear Santa - 12 steps of Christmas - Providence
"mommy says the reason that you didn't
bring us presents yesterday, was that you couldn't find us cuz we didnt
have a place to stay"
11. Melissa Altro - Whats the Use of Presents - Arthurs Perfect
Christmas - Rounder
"What good are presents? I find them all unpleasant, oh, who wants
presents If I can't share them with Francine?"
12. At the Mall
13. Carla Ulbrich - Let it Go - Live From Outer Space - carlau.com
"It doesn't show signs of stopping your disappointment with my shopping"
14. Brave Combo - Coal and Switches - Holidays - Dentone
"Thats what the bad kids are getting this year for Christmas"
15. Whats it to you - "and he shall complain forever and ever"
16. Loudon Wainwright - Christmas Morning - Social Studies - Hannibal
"Well the banks and the schools and the post office are closed"
17. Chipmunks - [Ross Bagdasarian (a.k.a. David Seville)] -
Christmas Don't Be Late - Liberty Records
This won three Grammies.
18. Dar Williams - Christians and
the Pagans - Mortal City - Razor & Tie
"finding faith and common ground as best as they were able"
19. Oliver Schroer - Shew s with the angels now - Hymns and Hers -
I played this for those missing a loved one for the first time this
20 Peter Paul and Mary - A Soalin' - In Concert - Warner Bros.
"any good thing to make us all merry"
21. Mary Sue Twohy - [ Twohy and Purpose] - Gift of the Magi - MS Tunes/BMI - Gamblers Grace
based on O'Henry's ironic short story -
"those that sacrifice the greatest treasures of their lives"
22. Stan Rogers - First Christmas - Between the Breaks ... Live -
"Each had always kept the other pretty well"
23. Mean Mary - Ding Dong day
"Christmas - got no money got no job, got no honey"
24. Robert Bobby - Christmas Puppies - Robert Bobby Christmas - I
Like Mike Records
"Christmas puppies, just peeing on the floor, missing their Mommies and
peeing on the floor"
25. Joel Mabus - Let's Do Christmas Right - How Like the Holly - Fossil
Zuzu's petals is all we need, shut off the tv, leave that internet
26. Charlie King - Christmas in the Trenches - Sparks and Tears: Lively
in Concert - Vaguely Reminiscent
the famous story from Christmas 1914 during The Great War
27. Si Kahn - Thanksgiving - Thanksgiving - Strictly country
give thanks that we are gathered here.... that homelessness is not your
28. Ilene Weiss - Talking to the wrong guy - Weiss Christmas - Gadfly
"Santa's just like other men, try to
pardon his behavior"
29. Darlene love - Christmas Baby Please Come Home - A Christmas Gift
for You - Legacy
"Hands down, the best holiday album in the history of pop music" -
30. Christine Lavin - The All Purpose Carol - Runaway Christmas
Tree - Appleseed
"Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa Time is here!"
31. Finest Kind - The Homeless Wassail - Feasts and Spirits: A
Christmas Entertainment - Fallen Angle
"Our heart's desire is a bottle of gin and a trash-can fire"
31 David Wilcox - Rudy
"He didn't have his EverReady's ready that night"
32. Ilene Wiess - The Santa Rap - Weiss
Christmas - Gadfly
"My mission is clear each and every year"